Dental implant surgery is usually not possible in patients having poor health conditions or undergoing certain medications that could complicate the procedure. They can consider getting partial dentures to replace their decayed or missing teeth. In other instances, partial dentures are used when patients have some healthy teeth and do not require a full set of complete dentures.
What Are Partial Dentures?
There are two types of partial dentures known as fixed and removable partial dentures. You can choose between the two depending on your requirements.
Fixed Partial Dentures – Also known as dental bridges, they are immovable as the artificial teeth are surgically placed into your jaw bone. You can choose this type of dentures when you want to replace a few missing teeth or when the missing teeth are on one side of the mouth.
Removable Partial Dentures – They are a flexible option because they can be taken out for cleaning or sleeping. You can choose this type of dentures when you need to replace multiple missing teeth throughout your mouth or cannot undergo surgery.
Why Should You Choose Partial Dentures?
Here are some important reasons to choose partial dentures:
- Partial dentures are a cost-effective option and less invasive than other teeth replacement options.
- They will restore the visual appeal and function of your teeth.
- They will keep the underlying structure of your mouth, such as facial muscles, gums, and jawbones healthy and active.
- Partial dentures prevent shifting of the other teeth while giving you improved smile and confidence.
- They are an appropriate solution for people who still have natural teeth.
What to Expect from the Procedure?
Here are the steps involved in getting partial dentures:
- Your dentist may perform X-rays of your teeth and mouth if required.
- After preparing your teeth for treatment, your dentist will take impressions for creating models.
- Your dentist will provide a temporary denture to protect the prepared teeth while your customized partial denture is being made.
- Before placing the customized partial denture, your dentist will make sure it fits properly to your mouth.
With proper care and maintenance, your partial dentures can last several years.
European Denture Center provides high-quality and personalized denture care services in Everett, WA. Our dentures and implants are customized to match your needs and budget. Call us or visit our website for a free consultation or if you want to learn more about our affordable implants and denture care services.