Do you have missing teeth, or teeth that are damaged or unhealthy? Whether you’re a high school student who lost a tooth playing sports or a senior citizen who is struggling with severe tooth decay, implant dentures may be the perfect solution. Not only do they replace your missing teeth, but they can protect your remaining teeth as well. Here’s what you need to know.
The Drawbacks of Missing Teeth
Missing teeth affect way more than just your appearance. Here are some ways that gaps in your mouth can affect your overall health:
- Gaps can cause your remaining teeth to shift, weakening the root.
- Without a tooth anchoring the jaw, you can experience bone loss.
- Favoring one side of your mouth can cause uneven wear on the teeth, risking the health of your remaining teeth.
- An inability to eat a wide range of foods can affect your physical health, which can also affect your oral health.
- Missing teeth can affect your confidence and social life.
- Gaps in your mouth can negatively affect your professional opportunities.
How Implant Dentures Help
Implant dentures are a great permanent tooth replacement option for individuals of any age. Because they are anchored in the jaw, they can prevent bone loss and further tooth damage. Filling in gaps in the mouth will also keep existing teeth from shifting. And because implant dentures are not removable, you can eat a wide range of foods. Your nutrition directly impacts your oral health, so restoring your ability to eat fresh fruits and vegetables will help keep your remaining teeth in good shape – regardless of your age.
Implant dentures can also impact your long-term professional prospects, particularly if you’re young. And while they still need to be cleaned regularly, since they don’t need to be removed every night implant dentures are the perfect solution for the busy lifestyles of young professionals who need to restore their appearance that may have been affected by missing or damaged teeth.
Complete Denture Services in Everett, WA
European Denture Center is a full-service denture clinic in Everett, WA offering full dentures, partial dentures, flexible partial dentures, and implant dentures. We also offer denture repair and denture reline to help keep your dentures in the best condition possible. We always offer a free, no-obligation consultation so you have a full understanding of your treatment (including costs!) before you begin. Contact us today to schedule yours!